Thursday, January 20, 2011

Introducing...the new blogger

Thank you...Thank you very much...no pictures please.

So this is the blogging world eh? Haven't really done this since high school...and then it was just everyone complaining about their friends/boyfriends/girlfriends....not very productive. After I made dinner tonight and was so satisfied with it...I made a decision. BLOG. Got the idea from a few people who posted their new years resolutions on facebook to help motivate them to do it. I figured I could use that same idea here.

I'm really trying to focus on loosing some weight. I used to always be a thin girl (of course I always thought I was fat...but hey...I'm a chick), but since I got married a little over 2 years ago, I've been gaining...love weight?...as I've heard many people call it. They say you just don't care anymore b/c you've got someone and they love you anyway?  I don't know about all that. I think it's a SMALL mix of that...and the fact I'm not walking around a college campus everyday where I had decently healthy cafeteria food to eat (which I had to walk to), having a 40hr/wk sit down job, limited time to fix healthy meals and snack, laziness to cook healthy food after a long work day, drinking, and sitting in front of the TV. I wouldn't say I'm fat...but I'm definitely not a size 4 anymore....and I weigh the most I ever have. eeeeek

So today as I've completed 3 days of eating relatively well...I decided I would need some motivation to keep me on track. Then I thought to myself...HEY! If I post what I eat daily...it may help me keep motivated. I don't want my list to say "sausage biscuit for breakfast, burger for lunch, snicker bar for snack, and pizza for dinner"....that's a little embarrassing when I'm trying to loose weight. I know I will stray a little...but if I don't I will FAIL at my goal. A little indulgence (in moderation) is a good thing.

No...my blog will not all be food. I will also update on life in general as well....figure it would be a good way to keep family and friends updated since it's hard to keep in touch with everyone all the time. So yeah...that's the idea. What do you think? Guess I should start on my 1st meal blog...Today's Eats are....

Breakfast: Low fat string cheese stick and medium sized banana

Lunch: Small apple, tangerine, low fat string cheese stick and 100 cal pack of shortbread cookies (sooo good)....yes not alot, but I wasn't terribly hungry and wasn't wanting the soup i took to work

Snack: 1 Reese Egg...fail i know..but my tech got one for me since he was mean to me today :) and i only ate one of the two! GO ME!

Snack#2: Small handful of potato chips when I got home from work to kick the salty craving...small fail, but it really wasn't that many

Dinner: Flounder fillet sauteed in a little EVOO (Exta virgin olive oil) lightly seasoned with salt, lemon pepper, and onion powder...some baby carrot sticks...and a nice side salad made with Italian greens, a few croutons for texture, pomegranate craisins for sweetness and color, and a small dollop of honey mustard

Dessert: None! Figured the Reese Egg and chips were enough for today

Drinks for the day: Lots of water and 1 small glass of apple juice

Not to bad I would say! :) Hopefully this will prove to keep me motivated to eat well....not just for my confidence...but for my health. Getting to that age where metabolism won't get me far...and my parents both have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Gonna try to nip that in the butt! Well...this is the longest 1st blog ever I'm sure. QUICK LIFE UPDATE: Hubby Nate is doing well, Annie (my pup) is well also...that's all folks!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gina! Writing a blog is actually WAY more fun then you think it will be. I love mine! Anyways, Megan and I use www.livestrong.com to log what we eat. It's awesome and as helped both of us lose weight. We highly recommend it and will link with you on there if you'd like. Then we can see what everyone's eating and like you said, you'll eat less knowing that your friends will see! Plus there's a huge database so most foods are already there if you say what you ate it will tell you how many calories and what the portion size is. I never knew one packet of ramen was TWO servings! Anyways, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eliz! I will have to look into that! :) Sounds like a good site

    ReplyDelete