Sunday, January 23, 2011

Starting A New Week

Well the 1st weekend of my diet is over...I must say I did better than I thought I would. I did slip up a bit, but I was visiting my parents and it's hard to deny Mommy's home cooking. Yum Yum Yum. I even learned how to cook a few of my favorites which actually aren't to bad for me. Well this will be another short update. Just got back from a 6 1/2 hour drive back to the Nooga so I'm a little exhausted and ready to go to bed. Lets start with....

Saturday's Eats:

Breakfast- Banana and a small bowl of "healthy-ish" (some kind of Harris Teeter brand flake cereal with almonds and clusters of something) cereal with skim milk

Snacks- Banana...and a little later about 4/3 cup of blueberries (to kick the sweet tooth i got)...and then a few slices of raw squash while my mom was cutting them up for dinner hehe :)

Lunch/Dinner (it was around 3:30pm or something like that, so it was a weird time): Swiss Steak (cubed steaks cooked with tomatoes and tomato sauce)...squash/tomato/onion saute....and white rice (very little)

Dessert: 2 little Kebbler cookies that are like the girl scout cookies- samoas

Evening snack (around 7:30 i think): Reheated Swiss steak (no rice) and some more of the squash mix

Drinks: Water, Skim Milk, Small glass of white wine with dinner, and a cup of decaf hot tea (orange...yum)

Ok....I think that was it for Saturday...I've slept since then, so I may have missed a snack or something, but I'm pretty sure that's it. Not for....


Sunday's Eats:
(I was a little bad today)

Breakfast- 2 scrabbled eggs and 2 pancakes with just a little butter and syrup. (my dad made the pancakes pretty big but I still didn't eat them all...got a little too full, but hey...how often do I get homemade pancakes?)..and of course some skim milk

Lunch- More re-heated Swiss Steak, rice (didn't eat it all), and more squash mix (did finish either)...this was too soon after breakfast so I got uncomfy full...but again...it's not often I get Mommy's home cookin! And yes I ate a lot of the Swiss steak and squash mix, but it's been over a years since I've had the squash and probably 3 years since I've has Swiss steak.....and it gets better when it's left over :) ...oh...and skim milk to drink

Snack: Momma's homemade chocolate chip walnut cookies....3 of them...but they are pretty small. With a little more skim milk :-\ eh..what can i say...i love milk

On the drive back: 1 zero calorie, zero sugar energy drink (it was a 1 serving size can)....a little bag of these veggie straw things** (see below).....some water and 1 air head (really didn't want this but I was very tired and needed something to wake me up...had already had the energy drink, didn't need another). And a swig of apple juice when i got home


So yeah not the best day...but I've had way worse. But I MUST give props to the Georgia Welcome Center on I-85 south. They actually had a whole vending machine of healthier choices!!! Like bakes chips, Special K bars, no sugar fruit snacks, low calorie and low fat snacks, nuts, and some other things. I was very impressed. This made my stop MUCH easier since they had two huge vending machines with all the junky stuff. BUT...the way they have the machines positioned, you see the healthier vending machine first and the other bad machines are on the opposite wall facing away from the entrance way. Very nice....BIG APPLAUSE! Well...the snack I got was only 85cents. And it was a bag of the veggie straws. Basically potato straws...but some of them are infused with spinach and tomato. And they are cooked in sunflower oil...not hydro oils either. All simple ingredients. I got the lightly salted ones but they also had rosemary olive oil and they has a chip version with sea salt! They were very yummy...pretty much tasted like potato chips but they were shaped like hollow french fries. I think the whole bag was around 160 calories, no saturated fat or cholesterol and only a little over 200mg of sodium. I honestly can't remember the brand name now but has the name of Perfect Portions on there of something like that but their was a lot of it for the portion. It filled me up. I have the bag in my car...I will have to tell you tomorrow. If I can find them in a store somewhere I am TOTALLY stocking up. They are awesome!!! :)

Well bed time...hopeful tomorrow I can control myself. It will not be a not so good day and I hope I don't eat my feelings away. But for now...Good night blogging world

No comments:

Post a Comment